Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I think I'm calling it.

Finished, that is.
Nesting Chickens
From Vanessa Ann's Holidays in Cross Stitch 1995
I MIGHT have missed some of the back stitching on the brown chicken, but no one will ever know!  As much as I don't like color charts, I must admit that in this case, a color chart would definitely have helped.  Trying to find the black outline on a black and white chart was darned hard....even with the model pic to squint at.
The finished size is about 6" x 6", and I think this will be finished as a pillow.  But for now, no more chickens!  Maybe tonight I'll dive back into La-D-Da's "The Ark," or Cross-Eyed Kat's "Labyrinth."  Both deserve to be finished this year...must resist the siren song of the stash cupboard.....

4 comments:

meggie said...

A lovely finish, very cute (:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Iol! its so hard to resist new starts, that and buying more stash - congratulations on the finish - Amanda

Mouse said...

oooo well done and what missed backstitch .... if any one gets that close with the chart and the stitching .. tell them to stitch themselves ...lol
ahhh the siren song is strong but I am sure you will work on the others :) love mouse xxxxx

Penny said...

Cute finish! Let me know your tricks for resisting the siren song. :)

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add...