Monday, July 23, 2012

Off to the framer

Little House Needleworks - Little Women Virtues series: Reading
stitched on 28-ct. mystery fabric from stash
with some (minor) floss substitutions
I visited my parents last weekend, and since this was finished, I decided to give my mom's framer a try.  I wasn't crazy about his technique - he does use adhesive board, but he showed it to me, and it isn't the horrific stuff you can buy at the craft store, it is more a positioning tool than a permanent sticky. Since Mom offered to pay, and it isn't an heirloom sampler, anyway, I figured I'd go for it.  We picked a lavender mat and a whitewashed "cottage-y" frame...very cute, I think!  It will be another week or 2 before I can get it and show off.

Lately I've been working on a gift project (can't share yet!), and a little bit on my old Me Myself and I RR neighborhood.  It may be a while before I finish the whole thing, but I'd like to get the castle done soon.
I think I'm getting close!!  So much confetti gray...ugh.

2 comments:

cucki said...

I lOve reading one so much,,cute
Both the projects are so lovely xxx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...