Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ornamentifying and Finishing

I'm attempting to finish up a few things in preparation for the 2012 WIPocalypse....
With the Wee One at daycare this week, I finally got around to charting out my new niece's name and birth date, stitching it, and putting together her ornament.
I'm really pleased with it!  It is about 4 1/2" high x 3" wide, and I think I did a pretty good job of hiding the braid tails with glue/floss/beads....  I hope my sister likes it.

I also finished up the Marie Barber sandcastle pattern.  I love the shading effects in this one!  Although there were SO many blends...and it wasn't even a TW design!  I'm thinking about having Jill Rensel frame this one and "Mermaid Heart" together, and using them in my little basement half-bath.
So, counting these along with the 17 finishes in my sidebar, I've finished 19 projects this year.  Not terribly impressive, but still, pretty good for me!  And most of them were on the small-ish side, too...but it is hard to get into a big project when your stitching time is limited to an hour or 2 in the evenings!

6 comments:

Gabi said...

Your ornament looks gorgeous. Your niece must be smitten with it.
And your Sandcastle is just stunning. Love it. Congrats
Wishing you a Happy New Year

cucki said...

aww cute ornament..it is very sweet..
sand castle is looking so beautiful..i love it ..well done
wishing you happy new year.
hugs cucki xx

Mouse said...

ohhh love your ornament for your niece :) and well done on your sandcastle finish as well ... and your stitching time will improve honest ... may take a few years ..lol hope you have a wonderful stitchy 2012 :) love mouse xxxx

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Erin.
The ornament is beautiful.

Kate said...

Gorgeous ornament finish.

Measi said...

Gorgeous ornament finish! I love those old-worldey Santas. :)

And hey, *I* think that your finish list is impressive. I can count on one hand (literally) how many I finished this year, with fingers left over.

Bring on the WIPocalypse!

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add...