Saturday, February 12, 2011

Progress and a gift received

First an update on the Dark Sorceress:It's funny, I keep saying I want to work on (or possibly start!) something new, but there she is every evening, just hanging out on the stretcher bars....and I sigh and pull out some more blue floss and get to work. Some nights there isn't much progress made, but it is always SOME.

Also, I sent this little ornie to Kathy. I was going through my freebie files, found DMC's "Ocean Alphabet," and when I saw that the motif on the K was a lighthouse, I KNEW I had to stitch it for Kathy. She loves lighthouses! And she always leaves such nice comments on my blog...I couldn't resist. I got the backing fabric from an Etsy seller in a grab bag of nautical fabric scraps -- what a great idea, I must say! I paid less than $4 for a Ziploc bag stuffed full of small cuts of about a dozen different fabrics. Kathy said her friend Beatrice wanted to know what I used for the form underneath. It is a finishing form from Flying Needles. It is a lightweight aluminum, and very easy to use. Plus, no fiddling with cutting and such! (I don't know if you can purchase from the website link or not...I got my forms years ago from Nordic Needle, and they no longer sell them.) I'm so glad you liked it, Kathy!

2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your wip. Lovely gift sent.

Kathy A. said...

Like it - I LOVED IT!!!!!! Thank you so much for such a sweet and generous gift!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...