Ugh. After the lovely matboard ornament project, I was inspired to do some more finishing...this time just a "simple" pillow.
Evidently my sewing machine has been feeling neglected, and decided to take it out on me. It isn't terribly obvious in this picture, but the bottom of my poor little pillow looks like someone tried to eat it. *sigh* Basically, I left too small an opening to turn the project right-side out, so I had to do some seam-ripping, and more than just the seam ripped! Darned cheap Wal-Mart fabric. (The backing is a yellow cotton with little white butterflies on it -- picked up for pennies in the Wal-Mart remnant bin.) I managed to cobble it together with some creative hand-stitching, but it is definitely not a neatly finished seam. Ah well, it was just a little time-waster project, and I'll keep it for myself anyway.
Working until 9 pm again today -- I'd so much rather be home stitching!
Oh, and in other news....the drawing..."Sampling Country" will be going to CindyMae's house, and Kathy A., the Mira fairy is yours!! I guess no one wanted the baby patterns.
This is the little mermaid pattern I started the other night - a freebie. There was no color key, so I'm using: Crescent Colors "...
Pardon the rather blurry cell phone picture.... I knew I wanted to mount this piece on a wooden plaque, but its dimensions were making i...
...or you will end up frogging a whole bunch of over-one stitching. Grrr. So there is no progress pic on the cowboy piece today, because I...