I saw this on Whiz's blog, and decided to steal it. What the hey, I've shared my wacky movie taste with y'all, I might as well give you a peek into my musical mish-mash, right? So here goes. (Like Whiz, I did skip the instrumentals.)
Step 1: Put your iPod or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the 1st line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. And it doesn't have to be perfect if you can't understand the lyrics word for word.
Step 3: Let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
1) "What will be left when I've drawn my last breath"
2) "You got the look of a howlin' wolf...I like it"
3) "Here I go again, my heart's on the line"
4) "I thought of you the other day/how worlds of change led us astray"
5) "[song title] beneath the pale moon light"
6) "She was a fast machine" - You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC - Karen knew this one
7) "Oh, the power to be strong"
8) "I don't know what they're talking about"
9) "[song title] girls rock your boys" - Cum On Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot - Karen got it
10) "When I look into your eyes, I can see a love restrained" - November Rain by Guns 'N Roses - another for Karen
11) "Kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight" - As Long As You're Mine from the musical Wicked - Jenn (sewunicorn) got it
12) "I'm a rolling thunder, a pouring rain" - Hell's Bells by AC/DC - Karen got it first, sabine also knew it
13) "He's a very smart prince...he's a prince who prepares"
14) "'Lay me in a cushioned chair, Carry me, ye four"
15) "Mary Anne and Wanda were the best of friends" - Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks - real live woman (sorry, I don't know your name!) got it
16) "Was it the pull of the moon now baby that led you to my door" - If I Fall (You're Going Down With Me) by the Dixie Chicks - another for real live woman
17) "Lonely sidewalks, silent night... bring the evening, deep inside"
18) "She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories" - Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns 'N Roses - another for Jenn
19) "O [song title] , you shine where you stand"
20) "Whatever happened to my part/it was exciting at the start" - Diva's Lament from the muscial Spamalot - Jenn got it
21) "Bathe me in the waters of the Lagan, of the Boyne"
22) "She had trailer park charm" - Redneck Love Gone Bad by Diamond Rio - one more for real live woman.
23) "I wasn't looking for a lifetime with you"
24) "When you were young and your heart was an open book" - Live and Let Die (I have what DH describes as the "butchered" version by GNR - teehee) - Jenn got it first, but Karen got the group right!
25) "[song title] When the wind is howling through your window pane it's not the only pain of the night"
26) "She's a [song title]"
27) "[alternate song title] time to close your eyes"
28) "We'll be singing when we're winning"
29) "Revvin' up your engine listen to her howlin' roar"
30) "Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes" - Seasons of Love from the musical Rent - one more for Jenn!
A few notes:
- if the song title was on the first line, I used [song title] in its place. (Duh.)
- there are some folksongs in there, along with some tunes that have been covered by various artists. Bonus kudos to you if you guess the EXACT tune from my iPod, but just the song title is fine in those cases as well.
- good luck, I'm all over the musical spectrum...."eclectic" is putting it kindly....