Monday, November 17, 2008

Planting snow

Well, it looks like we're getting our first real snow of the season tonight, so perhaps it is appropriate that I started "Santa's Garden," a Gail Bussi design from a 2005 magazine, over the weekend. Here is my progress so far:
I'm stitching it on a piece of 28-ct. natural linen banding. I didn't have the GAST Antique Rose that the pattern used for Santa's hat and coat, so I substituted "Cherry Jam" by The Dye is Cast. It is a little more red than the Antique Rose, but I like it all the same.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

He is CUTE!!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing finished~

Tama said...

That's adorable! New starts are so much fun.

Karen said...

I agree, very cute! I also like the way the colors work together. Very nice!

Cindy F. said...

this piece is SWEET!! Love the colors...fabric and floss! Great progress!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...