Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas pictures and an SBQ

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas! We drove to Chicago to spend the weekend with my MIL, then headed to my parents' place on Monday. We got home last night, loaded down with gifts and Christmas dinner leftovers!! I had a lovely holiday, and got more gifts than I ever expected. My parents gave us a Dyson (an "animal" one, I can hardly wait to tackle the corners full of pet hair...), and DH got me Guitar Hero II AND III. He finally got me to play one of his video games - Rock Band - and I got addicted to playing the guitar. So he used his credits at the game store to feed MY addiction -- what a guy, eh?!?!? LOL

All this talk of gifts leads to an answer for this week's SBQ:
Did you receive any stitching-related gifts for the holidays?
Not a lot, but I did get a few goodies. My mom gave me the circular ornament finishing forms and the Cinnamon Stick stitcher's lotion from my Nordic Needle wishlist, and she ordered a pair of 4" Ashley Ginghers for me (from Carol and Mike!). She told me she was really impressed with the quick and professional service they provided, too...the scissors arrived lightning-fast! Also, my MIL gave me some cash, and I'm going to use that to pick up a new pattern or 2.

Finally, before we left for Chicago, I flew into my framer's shop to pick up these:

1) my sister's Christmas gift
(framed without glass or a mat, since my sister is USUALLY a pretty clean person, and doesn't smoke)

2) friend's baby gift(in a pre-made frame with glass)

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Your stitched pieces are lovely framed.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best for the rest of the festive season. Hope 2008 is a year full of peace, love and happiness {{hugs}}.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best for the rest of the festive season. Hope 2008 is a year full of peace, love and happiness {{hugs}}.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...