Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weddings and Whaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?

Sorry I went MIA again.....there has been much excitement around here. DH just bought a new car - a Toyota Prius! - and there are other BIIIIIIIG changes on the horizon. I can't say more than that right now. But let's just say that I've hauled my Dragon Virtues afghan project out again....because of a promise I made to myself when I started it, years ago.

The wedding last weekend was lovely. We only attended the reception - the ceremony site was kind of small, and both the bride and groom have large families, so we didn't make the cut - and we had a great time. The DJ, though....yuck. He kept playing completely un-danceable songs. I think in the hour or two that we hung around after dinner and all the traditional stuff (cake cutting, toasts, garter/bouquet toss, dollar dance, etc.) he played ONE slow song. The rest of the time he was playing tunes that nobody was dancing to - at least, nobody over 4 feet tall. There was a horde of little ones who would jump around to anything. But you'd think a good DJ would see that he was loosing the crowd, and switch to something else - even it was something cheesy like "YMCA" or the Electric Slide! Huh.
Anyway, here is a pic of my framed wedding gift for the happy couple.

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

The finish is lovely!

Christine S said...

Oh wow, Erin, that turned out beautifully!! I love the frame you chose!

Dani - tkdchick said...

the wedding sampler is beautiful

Aussie Stitcher said...

It looks wonderful, I bet the happy couple love it.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...