Sunday, June 24, 2007

Slowly Seeing Progress

Slogging along on the Celtic knots....


I don't think I'll have it done this month, though.

It has been a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I took the blue wedding gift piece to the LNS for framing - and managed to NOT BUY ANYTHING! *thud* I know, hard to believe....especially when I saw the "Irish Toast" pattern by The Sunflower Seed in the 50%-off bin. If it is still there when I go to pick up my framing, it might come home with me... hehehe Oh, and the framing - the owner and I decided on a green/white double mat combination. The green is a light sage, and the white (which will be closest to the stitching) is kind of marbled, so it doesn't make the bright white satin stitches too overpowering. The frame is a simple frosted silver metal. It wasn't what I had originally envisioned, but it is wonderful! I'd been thinking a dark blue mat, but as the LNS owner said, that will make it harder to display if they don't have a blue room.....
Last night DH and I went to a Martina McBride concert here in town - we had a great time! I'm not the biggest country music fan, but the opening act was Diamond Rio, and back when we were dating DH sang one of their songs to my answering machine. It was so sweet. So the tickets - he gave them to me for my birthday back in April - were really cool.
After working on the Celtic knots for a while this morning, I broke down and started something new....a friend sent me Sue Hillis' "Wine A Little..." design, and it is 1) small, 2) cute, 3) a quick stitch, and 4) something my mom would love. So a winner all the way around!

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I would have had that 50% off one snatched up and home with me. they do jump into your hands you know! LOL! Great work on your stitching!

Anonymous said...

I love the Celtic piece you're working on. Please could you tell me the design name & designer :)

Kathy A. said...

I bow down to you for tackling all those celtic knots. I did a band of Celtic knots on a sampler for Dani. It was a four letter word project for me. All the quarter stitches threatened to drive me around the bend. I admire you for your beautiful work. It is a wonderful piece

jymisgurl said...

It looks wonderful! It also looks like it's almost done, and I'm sure you're be grateful for that!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...