Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gardening, Michael Jackson-style

Ah, the first really nice weekend of the year!! Hooray. Saturday we went to my folks' place to celebrate Mom's birthday....and check out my little sister's new boyfriend. Goodness me, I think she actually found a good one this time! (Her track record with men has been less than stellar. Eeek.) Today I took the dog for a nice walk and weeded a bit in my front garden...I say "Michael Jackson-style" becauses I could only find ONE of my gardening gloves. *sigh* I think it is time for another call to our friend who is a landscaper, anyway -- the whole thing needs to be edged and have some decent topsoil added, and neither DH or I have a green enough thumb to do it ourselves.

And now for pictures!!! First, the fob Carol sent me, modeled by my Julia Ginghers (purchased from Carol and her DH several months ago!). Isn't he just the cutest little draggie?? Thanks again, Carol!

Next, my first round of eBay stash that arrived in Saturday's mail. Lizzie*Kate's "Cherish All Living Things," Brightneedle's "House on Booberry Lane," and "Harvest House" from Chessie & Me. I just love the jack-o-lantern tree in the Booberry Lane chart!
Now for some progress.....the Celtic Blessing. More knotwork, and a bit of the center text...
And now, just for Carol....my round robin square! Ask DH, I've been rather obsessed with this the past few days. So far I have a house, one tree and part of 2 others, and a few little critters tossed in. The lower left corner will have 2 deer in it.

The house and the trees are from a design by Brown House Studio -- it was in an old issue of Just Cross Stitch. I made some slight color changes - the house is DMC 3777, and the roof is done in Tobacco Leaf from The Dye is Cast. The little bunny I designed myself, and the skunk is from Something in Common's Woodland Sampler (the deer that will eventually be added are also by Something in Common - the Quiet Serenity mini-sampler). This project is so much fun for me...I hope my RR stitch-mates have as much fun working on this as I have!

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Lots of nice goodies. Happy belated birthday BTW.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You did good on the goodies! LOL! love the little fob. he is a cutie for sure!

Aussie Stitcher said...

LOL gardening Michael Jackson style. Your stitching is lovely, and lots of goodies.

Deb said...

Wow, Erin, you've been making tracks with your stitching, gardening, and everything!! I love your RR. Booberry (Blueberry House) is a favorite. You have such panache!! I always love your comments on my blog, too!
Hugs,
Deb

Jodi said...

The Celtic Blessing is going to turn out so beautifully! I need to find that chart. I love your woodland design, too.

Carol said...

glad you like the fob Erin :-)

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...