Sunday, January 07, 2007

Now I'm absolutely giddy!

Looking at the comments on yesterday's entry, I saw one from "teresa." Now, I know a couple Teresas in the realm of stitching/blogging/bulletin boards, so I didn't think too much of it.....until I clicked on her name and found myself on TW's blog!! Wow, comments from the designer!!! I feel so honored. *grin*

I spent most of the weekend working on a piece just for me. I know I SHOULD work on the other wedding piece (one which I know will be appreciated, as I had input from the groom's mother before starting it), but after the disappointment of the intended beachy gift, I decided to indulge myself. Since Karen of Black Swan Designs was kind enough to send me a copy of her "Fairy and the Swan" water globe freebie, I worked on that. So pretty!

I used beads instead of metallic thread for the gold sparklies inside the globe. The fabric is a Silkweaver solo - if I'd planned ahead better, I might have been able to cut the fabric and have decent-sized piece left for another small design. Oh well.

Finally, here's the beach piece in all it's splendor. It is less than 5 inches square, so definitely something that could be finished in a subtle manner! The fabric is PTP's "Glory" - the recommended fabric, but in 28-ct. instead of 18. All the flosses are changed (most of them are Six-Strand Sweets). I won't count it as a finish yet, as I will add the date and the flip-flop charms that I have...just not the way I'd originally planned. And because it is no longer a wedding gift, it has moved to the bottom of the priority pile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The water globe is very cute. I can't wait to see it finished. I know that you plan on making the wedding piece into a shell bag, but I have another idea for it if you're interested. You could make it into a cover for a photo album for yours and dh's trip pictures. Stitch a simple border (rectangle, the size of the album) in co-ordinating colours with the date from the trip on the front and your names. That might be cute. Then again a shell bag would be cute too.

BTW, I LOVE the TW heart. Very nice, and Cute finish! (keep the ribbon!)

Anonymous said...

Both are very pretty! They must be insane not to want it!

Meari said...

Both are really nice. Great job.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...