Friday, December 08, 2006

New Projects

Seems that I have a case of "Serial Start-itis" lately.... hehehe

The other night I started the Britty Christmas Puppy ornament from the 2006 JCS ornie issue. I had to swap out all the colors, but that is half the fun! I'm stitching it over one, and I'll put in a little tuck pillow as a partner to the Christmas Kitty I finished earlier this year. Then both of our pets will have their own little ornies for the tree (when we eventually get one!)!!!

Now for a long story leading to my next anticipated project...
Last night DH wanted to go to the craft store. He's been doing this more often lately, since he's always scouting out crafts the mentally handicapped residents at the facility where he works could do. Well, after wandering around A.C.Moore for over an hour - and being VERY late picking me up from work! - DH asked me to go to Michael's with him so he could get "something to paint." So while he wandered through the ceramic/resin figurine blanks and the wood aisle, I hit the beads/charms and looked for flip-flop charms that would work with Whimsical Element's "Sensational Summer" pattern that I want to stitch up for DH's friend's wedding. I found some cute ones with hearts on them and teeny Swarovski crystals that should be perfect - a bit daintier than the Stoney Creek buttons, and sparkly! Then when I got home I pulled flosses. I only had one of the called-for colors, but I improvised with the set of Six-Strand Sweets and other assorted colors. Now I want to dive in and start stitching..... LOL
But here is a question -- this design is stitched entirely with hand-dyed flosses, on a dyed fabric. I'd originally thought about making it into a little pillow...but now I'm thinking maybe not, because if they were to get something on it, it could never be washed. However, we'll be flying down there, and they'll be flying back I'm sure, and I'd hate for something framed with glass to break during transport. So what should I do? Stick with the pillow idea, and maybe attach a little care tag that says "don't wash me"? Or do a little lined bag, and maybe fill it with potpourri and a handful of shells from the beach where they'll be married? Ooo, one of my coworkers just suggested a Sudberry box, or something like that....gosh, what a decision....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a box! It's not as likely to get dirty, and you wouldn't have to worry about it breaking on the way. I would still wrap it in paper or bubble wrap, or something, just to be safe though.

Anonymous said...

I'd consider making a wall hanging. It's still on the wall, so less likely to get dirty, but no glass to break. Now you just need to find a hanger to match it. lol, good luck.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...