Friday, June 02, 2006

SBQ, Goals, and Other Babble

In all my excitement over winning the hand-dyed threads, I neglected other matters....

First, the SBQ.
Do you collect charts by one particular designer, yet have never stitched anything by that designer? If so, which designer and why do you collect the charts but have not yet stitched any of them?

Short answer - no.
Long answer - I collect charts I LIKE, not necessarily by specific designers. I gravitate toward TW, MLI, and Mirabilia....but I don't have (or even want) every pattern they've released. It has taken me almost 2 years to complete my first "big" design by MLI/Butternut Road (OUAT), so maybe that will give me the confidence to start another one!

May Recap, June Goals:
1) "Once Upon a Time" - finish the maiden. Her shoulder, neckline, face and hair are all that is left. Yes! All but the beading (and maybe a metallic stitch or two?) is done.
2) Wedding piece - put in a few stitches. Yes. I pulled that out for a bit Wednesday night - talk about cutting it close for the month!
3) Something small - I have to go to Denver in the middle of the month, so a travel project is definitely in order. I don't have anything started, but there are a couple things kitted up - time to choose one! Yes. I finished the little "bear moon" kit, as well as made a lot of progress on Just Nan's "Lady in Red Heart."

In addition to the goals I set, I got some finishing done as well -- the little bear pillow ornie and the Celtic Spiral pillow.

For June-
1) Keep working on "Once Upon a Time." I will not be defeated by all the browns!! (That's pretty much all that is left - the castle in the background.)
2) Wedding piece - put in a few more stitches. The wedding won't be until next fall, so if I just keep plugging along I should be able to finish it in plenty of time.
3) Finish the Lady in Red Heart - maybe?
4) Start the Something in Common sampler from the March issue of Gift of Stitching. It has been calling to me rather loudly lately!
5) Plan a way to organize, store and inventory all these new hand-dyed threads I'll be getting....

I seem to be on a bit of a fabric-buying binge lately....I lost the auction the other day, but since then I've bid on and won a piece of Silkweaver "Chocolate Sprinkles." And Carol, how devious of you to point out your auctions!!! hehehe (I *almost* bid on the Parchment, as it would be perfect for "Fortunate Traveler", but the pattern has quite a bit of over-one, and I don't want to do over-one on 32-ct....)

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...