Sunday, June 11, 2006

RAWWWWWWRRRR!

A quick weekend finish....


This is St. George and the Dragon, a piece of the "Coronation Reproduction Sampler" from the May issue of The Gift of Stitching. If you are tempted to try it, though, be warned that I changed a LOT of colors! I used silver metallic for St. George's armor (the pattern called for 2 different shades of gray DMC) and green metallic for the dragon's head and most of its body. I didn't like the way the lance looked - was his leg OVER the lance? very strange - so I changed that. I also greatly simplified the color scheme for the drgaon - I used only one shade of DMC in addition to the metallic, and the pattern used several greens and gray-browns. I didn't like it...I'm still not thrilled with the browns used for the horse, either. Eh. The whole thing is stitched on light blue Aida, and is about 2 inches square. I think I will finish it as a pillow ornament, and give it to one of my friends from the renaissance faire who has been having a rough go of it lately.

I know I didn't answer the SBQ last week....my house is a total mess and I'm not sure I want to share my cluttered stitching corner with the world! And as for the backs of my stitching - eh. It is pretty neat. And just too much of a hassle to do more scanning/photographing! (Yep, I'm feeling exceptionally lazy....)

3 comments:

Kim said...

That is so cute! Love the colors you chose! Great job. :D

Suz said...

Tis very very cute :) Congrats!

Karen said...

It's lovely!