Thursday, May 25, 2006

SBQs, 5/17 and 5/24/2006

I got so busy preparing for my trip to Denver that I never answered last week's SBQ....so here you go, a 2-for-1 special!

5/17 - Lately, it seems that many stitching bloggers have experienced a loss of their stitching mojo. Have you ever lost your stitching mojo? If so, how did you get it back and how long did it take?
Yes, this happens to me every so often. My stitching takes on a "work"-like quality, and really, who wants to do more WORK?!?!? So it will sit for however long it takes for me to find my groove again. It hasn't happened to me in a while, though...chatboards, blogs and ONSs have definitely been great motivators. If seeing the beautiful work done by others isn't enough to get me going again, I might do a bit of scrapbooking, or do some stash organization/cleaning around the house.

5/24 - What is your favorite specialty stitch? Which one is your least favorite? Why?
Hmmm. I haven't done a lot of specialty stitches, but I do love the look of Algerian eyelets. Right now, Smyrna crosses over-2 are frustrating me, but I don't know if I'd call them "least favorite".... (there are several in the Just Nan heart, and I swear when they are done they just look like little clumps of thread. I'm tempted to pull them out and redo them with one strand of floss instead of the 2 the directions call for.) Oh, and nothing makes me smile like a well-executed French knot! LOL I get them "perfect" (in my opinion, anyway) about 75% of the time......

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *
Tonight I'm planning to stitch a bit and take some pics of my travel projects. Not only did I work on the Just Nan heart, I also found an old ornament kit in my suitcase that only needed a few stitches, so I finished that as well. It is a little bear sleeping on the moon - one of those .97 kits from Wal-Mart. I have some cute yellow fabric with stars that I think I'll use to make a little pillow out of it. It could be a very sweet baby gift or package tie-on.....

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...