Friday, August 05, 2005

SBQs and a Weekend Preview

Well, I've fallen WAY behind on the SBQs again....so here goes.

7/27/2005 - What is your most unique/interesting stitching quirk?

Hmmmm. I dunno. I'm a pretty "vanilla" stitcher, really... I do keep my "favorite" needle in the red section of my rainbow-colored pincushion, though. The bigger-gauge needles live in the purple section, and straight pins congregate in the blue/green area!!

8/3/2005 - Have you hand-dyed your own fabric? Why or why not? Would you like to try to do so?

No, fabric-dyeing sounds too complicated and messy for me. There is enough beautiful fabric out there that I just don't feel the need to do it myself!!

____________________________________________________________


This weekend is the last for my medieval faire....DH has to work Saturday and Sunday, but I think I may head out for one last huzzah on Sunday. I thrive on emotional overload, and the last day of faire is perfect for that! Plus, it is "highland games" weekend, so there will be lots of bagpipes and men in kilts.....

As far as stitching goes, I've pulled out one of my UFOs for a bit. It is a freebie from Solaria called "Stitching the Standard" -- a medieval maiden stitching on a castle balcony. A good portion of it is over 1, and I had the brilliant idea of stitching it on a peachy-almond piece of Jazlyn....almost exactly the same color as some of the flesh tones. Argh. Plus, since it is a piece of art charted for stitching, there is a LOT of confetti. It looks good so far, though -- if I don't force myself to work on it too often, I do alright! If/when I ever finish it, I have to decide if I want to keep it for me or give it to my friend who sews faire garb for a living. Since she's a seamstress, I know she'd appreciate it. Maybe I'll get a scan of it this weekend, if I feel like taking it off the scroll bars....

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...