Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend Ramblings

I didn't get a lot of stitching done over the weekend, since my mom was out to visit with a bunch of her friends for a scrapbooking day. One of the local scrapbook shops has 2 "Crops" per year, and I usually join my mom to work on the album I keep of my and DH's "adventures". But after about 10 hours of snipping and pasting, I'd only finished 2 and 1/2 pages....argh. How sad.
Sunday I managed to avoid the craft shops, and stayed home stitching on Solaria's "Stitching the Standard." It is a freebie I found online, and is a medieval girl stitching. All the detail (mostly the girl's hair, face and hands) is over 1, which is new for me. And it doesn't help that the fabric I chose - 28-ct. Almond Jazlyn - is almost the same color as some of the skin tones. Worse than white on white, IMHO! But I'm chugging away on it, like the Little Engine that Could.... *grin* When I'm finished, I want to give it to a friend of mine who has just opened a retail space to sell the Renaissance clothing she makes.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...