Wednesday, August 26, 2009

By the Sea exchange for Chris H.

Chris posted on the HOE blog that my "By the Sea" exchange arrived, so now I can share here! This is an Erica Michaels/Rainbow Gallery freebie, from the 2004 Stitchers' Surprise series. It is the June "Sand Castles" design, modified a bit. I stitched the border and words with WDW Father's Day, filled in the waves with DMC metallic, and stitched the castles with WDW Sand. The sun is The Dye Is Cast's Calendula, and the fabric I used was Palliser Bay by Country Stitch. Oh, and I added a shell in place of the beach ball button in the pattern.....


Here is everything I sent -- the pillow, a little notepad that says "This is the Life," a skein of WDW Santorini, a pair of Hobby Lobby scissors, and a beaded fob I made myself. You can't see the fob too clearly here, but it is all "sea" colored beads with another shell in the middle, and a little dolphin curled around a blue bead at the end. I really like the way it turned out, and I hope Chris liked everything!

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What a gorgeous exchange. I love your little sea pillow. The color of your fabrics is wonderful. I love that blue.
Your scissor fob is just too sweet.
I'm sure Chris was thrilled with her exchange.

CindyMae said...

Simply gorgeous pillow! I just love it! Great job!

Daffycat said...

Wow, Erin! That is a beautiful exchange!

Stitcher said...

Hi Erin

I loved all of it, it's an absolute delight, I sent you an email, but it looks like you didn't receive it. I will try and resend if it is still in my inbox. I apologise for not having posted a photo yet, but I've not forgotten, just not been online much, and I am way behind. Please do not think I was disappointed - I was over the moon, I adore dolphins, and that fob was just too cute. hugs Chris

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...