Tuesday, April 10, 2018

More Itty-bitties

Bent Creek's "Black-Capped Chickadee: Chirp."
This is a kit, so I used the included flosses and 32-ct. linen.  However, I did NOT stitch the chickadee on top of the house as charted!  He just looked like a monster bird who could eat the house's inhabitants.  So I put the adorable little leaning house in a tiny frame that I picked up for .49 at the thrift store, and looked at it for a while.  Still missing something...and I came up with this.  I love it.  It isn't perfect (please don't look at the back of my button/ribbon mess there), but it makes me smile.  It is currently tacked to my pegboard at work.

8 comments:

Kay said...

Really cute. Love the monster bird comment. x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The little bird button is the ideal extra something that just completes this pretty stitch.

Beth said...

It's darned adorable!

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done! I like that bird covered 'button' and attached to the corner. Much more proportional than the monster bird on the house!

Terri said...

I love how you finished this!

Astrids dragon said...

Wonderful finish, very original!

Daffycat said...

Ohhhh, this is adorable! Awesome finishing!

Mary said...

I just love it and they way you finished it.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...