Monday, October 03, 2016

Another finishing idea

Pardon the rather blurry cell phone picture....
I knew I wanted to mount this piece on a wooden plaque, but its dimensions were making it a challenge to find the right size wooden piece.  (Also frustrating was the fact that the size of the wooden plaques listed on the sales shelves is to the OUTSIDE of the routed edge - I learned this the hard way, after I bought a plaque, painted it, and then realized the mountable surface was too small!)  But then I saw this nifty "antique" knob at Hobby Lobby, and came up with this cute hanger.  I still need to find a way to trim the back of the knob a bit, so it will hang more smoothly against the wall.  I also haven't decided if I want to put a hanger on the back of the plaque, or use ribbon...

Last night, after canning too many jars of applesauce, I just couldn't stitch over-one, so I started something new.  It is a little mermaid pattern from my freebie pile, from a Russian blog.  Some of her freebies are just darling (I couldn't find the exact one I'm working on, I'm sure it is from several years ago).

1 comment:

Melinda Forbes said...

I love this finish. I have two of these charts I want to finish before Christmas as gifts - this looks perfect.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...