Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Wee Bit of Framing

I picked this up today...it is the Forget-Me-Not Sampler by the Drawn Thread.  I posted it a couple months ago.  The last time I was home I saw this frame, one that my dad picked up at an auction.  The top part had a picture of a World War I-era soldier, and the bottom was a mirror.  Dad had hung it on his "military memorabilia" wall, but since the soldier wasn't anyone we knew and wasn't even identified, I convinced him that he should let me use the frame for some needlework.  :)  As you can see, I replaced the mirror with cork board, and I've hung it in the kitchen next to our garage door.  It only cost me $20 (I had my framer repair the frame a bit and lace the needlework), so I'm quite pleased!  We'll see if Dad notices it tomorrow when he comes out for Thanksgiving dinner...

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

That looks wonderful! Very nice choice.

Anna van Schurman said...

Nice! I'm going to have to send my father shopping. (As if. LOL) Happy Thanksgiving!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love it!!!!!

Carol said...

How pretty is that, Erin! A lovely use of that beautiful frame :)

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and happy December to you!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...