Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Fairly fairies

Kathy asked me to post my fabric options...so here's what I like so far.

1) My favorite.  I like the idea of a "big" pattern in the larger blocks next to the 9-patches made up of smaller prints.  (I got the idea from one of the patterns in the Project Linus book I was browsing at Barnes & Noble the other day!  This one - "All Patched Up")
2) Another Cicely Mary Barker print by Michael Miller.  It is a different collection, though, so while the little fairies are similar to the ones in the 9-patch squares, they are a bit more detailed.  And I'm not crazy about the amount of pink.
3) A purple jelly roll that I found on Etsy.  (Yikes, those purples didn't look quite so DARK on my monitor at home!)

4) Another jelly roll with some lighter purple/smaller print.  With this one I might use the floral strips for binding?  Not sure...
So, I'm thinking of cutting 11" squares from the first fairy fabric, and using the jelly roll strips between the different blocks.  It would break things up and make the quilt a little bigger, too.  Thoughts?  (And if you have other fabric suggestions, links?!??)

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...