Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A New Fixation

I have to confess, I've always had a bit of a weakness for the muted colors and the roly-poly little people in Shepherd's Bush charts. So when I saw "Father Yule" on eBay for .99 yesterday, I HAD to bid.... Then I went to the Shepherd's Bush website.

BIIIIIIG mistake.

Now I have to add to my wish list "Shepherd's Earth" and "St. Peter's Fair." And I have to try not to bid on either of these on eBay, should they pop up there......

Who am I kidding. I will end up buying them, and probably sooner rather than later!


Last night I worked on my Dragon Virtues afghan - I started the "Generosity" square. Right now it is just a green blob, so there is no picture yet.

Oh, and someone asked what the Woodland Sampler would look like when it is finished - here is a picture from the designer's (Something In Common) website.

The design was first released in an issue of The Gift of Stitching, but I think you can now buy the leaflet at various ONSs. My mom saw this picture when I was home - she has a terrible time envisioning a finished product from the pattern - and told me she "liked it all except for the skunks." hehehe I think the little skunk family is cute!

6 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Erin, thanks for posting the pic! What a cute sampler!

jymisgurl said...

YOu are so bad for my wishlist and my budget! ;)

Terri said...

Oh, you need to come play with us at the Shepherd's Bush BB!

http://pub14.ezboard.com/bshepherdsbushbulletinboard

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Hey Erin... drop me an email at flosslady99@yahoo.com. I've stitched St. Peter's Fair, and I *think* I still have the pattern. If it's still in my possession, I'd be happy to pass it on.

Juanita

Carol said...

I am a fool for those cute Shepherd's Bush chubbies too :-) I hope to stitch Shepherd's Earth someday... if I do it fairly soon, I will let you know - you could simply adopt my chart afterwards :-) I have had it for at least 10 years, probably more. Guess this motivates me to stitch it now!

tkdchick said...

Wow glad to hear you're working on Virtues!!!

Octagons Everywhere

Because a girl can never have too many octagonal jewelry boxes....right? This is my July small, Homespun Elegance's "Lady Quaker...