Monday, May 22, 2017

Spring Flowers

A while back I started a Pinterest board with novel finishing ideas, and I was looking for a reason to try this little flower idea.  Well, when my friend with 2 daughters jokingly requested "payment" in needlework for picking up my daughter after school (my daughter and her oldest are great friends), I saw the perfect opportunity!

The little sunbonnet girls were freebies I stitched a few years ago, and I 3" finishing forms to make the flower centers.  Everything else came from Michaels - the glass bottle was actually on clearance, and I had a coupon to use on the ribbon, so it was a pretty inexpensive finish as well.

And here is my goofy, wonderful friend upon receiving it.  <3

5 comments:

cucki said...

Aw it's so cute ...I love your friend so much too
Please give her my love
Hugs x

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is such a cute and creative way for a finish! I love it!

KimM said...

What a lovely finish! And such a great expression of joy on your friend's face.
xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love that finishing idea.

Astrids dragon said...

Don't you love it when a gift is appreciated?! Great picture and such a cute finish. A perfect reminder of the girls.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...