Thursday, February 22, 2018

"...a hue somewhere between lilac and dusky plum."

Yes, that quote from April Tucholke pretty much sums up what I was looking for in this piece!  With a huge thank you to Robin in VA...
I left the original shade in for a bit, just to see the difference - and because I wanted to get up to the top border and make sure all the colors played well together.  The lighter color was an unlabeled skein from one of Vikki's detritus bags, and the darker is Old Maid of the Aubergine.  Old Maid is perfect!

I know, I know, I had intended to stitch on Family Treasure III for the duration of the Olympics...ah well.  Perhaps I should propose a NEW Stitching Olympics event - the "start something new because you are inspired by the amazing achievements of others" event.  Like that Google Home ad...

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

I was happy to help you out. I like the Old Maid of the Aubergine. I look forward to seeing your progress on this piece. Enjoy your weekend!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...