Monday, January 22, 2018

Argh.

I had good intentions, I swear.

So I started the WIPocalypse projects, and was stitching merrily along on "Beautiful Sea"....when I realized I was off by ONE STITCH on my octopus.  I discovered this when I tried to stitch the border.  So there was much frogging and gnashing of teeth....  Needless to say, that project has been benched for a while.  Instead I stitched a small (pic coming next week with the monthly Smalls check-in!), and worked on the superhero quilt.  Here's my progress on that:
I'm not using any pattern, but it makes sense in my head!  The measurements are "close enough," certainly not to the exacting standards demonstrated by other quilters I've seen.  It makes me happy, though, and that's all that matters.  (And it might actually get finished, which is also important!)

Oh!  And I want to try one of these.
Lined Project Bag w/Zipper
Has anyone done one like this before?  I have a handful of smalls in particular that seem like they'd be perfect for these.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made good progress on your quilt blocks. Sorry you had to rip out stitched on your Beautiful Sea project. I look forward to seeing what small you started.

Unknown said...

I agree ... smalls would be perfect for a project bag. Things like this make me wish I could sew, but there are only so many hours in a day (it always sounds weird as a cross stitcher to say you can't sew!). I would love to see your results if you make one.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...