Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Octagons Everywhere

Because a girl can never have too many octagonal jewelry boxes....right?
This is my July small, Homespun Elegance's "Lady Quaker Silhouette," fitted into the top of a jewelry box rescued from the thrift shop.  Just like my earlier finish using the same kind of box, this one had a painted glass insert that I removed.  Here is the lining for the inside -
(Hard to tell from the picture, but the fabric is a deep blue with lighter blue fern frond print.)

4 comments:

Mary said...

Very nice idea and very pretty finish.

Astrids dragon said...

That fits perfectly, it's lovely! I obviously need to take a better look at the thrift shops near me.

Annie said...

Gorgeous! Love that design and your perfect finish.

Carol said...

I just love this finish! And how wonderful that you rescued an old jewelry box from a thrift shop--will have to remember to look for them next time I'm thrifting :)

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...