Monday, July 17, 2017

Mermaid Necklaces....or not?

Over the weekend I finished the stitching on Clara's Mermaid Sampler.  I really like my substitutions!  But I'm not sure if my shell necklace idea will work....
I have 3 more shells that I want to use, and I was going to continue with the Mill Hills and other green/turquoise beads from my stash to the sides of the piece - not all the way around as was done in the model.  I'm thinking that the beads will look like they come from the sides of the frame (once it is framed, of course).  Another option, though, might be to glue the shells TO the frame itself, and just forget about stitching them to the piece at all.
I'm using these specific shells because a friend gave them to me - her sister, who passed away earlier this year from colon cancer, collected them.  So there is meaning attached to the materials.

2 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Congratulations on the finish. I glued shells on a frame once for a picture I had made for my mother. It's been probably 20 years since I've made it, and they are still holding up beautifully. I am sure you won't go wrong no matter what you decide. Have a great day! --Andrea

Beth said...

You will not know if you do not try - it could turn out to be awesome. Good luck!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...