Monday, June 26, 2017

And Now, to the Shore

If you are a regular reader/follower, by now you probably know that I love mermaids.  I don't know WHY - I mean, there's something kind of unsettling about a creature that is half attractive woman, half scaly fish... But still.  When it comes to stitching, anyway, maybe I just love the colors and shapes that go with mermaid-y patterns?

So anyway, I started this -
Which will become this - 
Clara's Mermaid Sampler 1891 by The Sampler Girl

I'm using a piece of Silkweaver "Meadow Mist" lugana, and swapped in a bunch of hand-dyed flosses from my stash (it is charted in DMC).  I think I might make that entire "wave" at the bottom blue - not sure why it was changed to green part way across.  I like the blue better, anyway!  I'm also going to change up the shells.  I have a few little shells given to me by a friend - her sister collected them before she passed away earlier this year from colon cancer.  I don't have enough to go all the way around, but I was thinking about using some of my bead stash to make it look more like a pendant of sorts.  
Part of me thinks I should give the finished piece to my friend, and part of me is loving it too much right now to think about parting with it.  Hmmm.  I could always ask her once it is finished - it may not be her style, and I know that some other friends have already made her some memory pieces with other shells, including a gorgeous resin shadow box.

2 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is such a lovely little design. I think I might struggle with giving it away, too. I love a nice walk along the beach. --Andrea

Beth said...

It is going to be something special Erin!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...