Sunday, November 27, 2016

Getting All Pinterest-y In Here

A couple years ago, the college where I work celebrated their 50th anniversary.  To commemorate this, the media department put together a video of notable people connected with the college over the years.  It was titled, "50 Years, 50 Faces," and many many MANY copies were made.  And as happens with items of this sort, maybe you can guess how many copies we found in a box in a closet this past summer?

Yeah, lots.

So, being the crafty person that I am, I browsed Pinterest for a while and found a way to justify taking a couple of these cast-offs home.  And I turned them into this.
This is "Celtic Knot" by Elizabeth's Designs, finished a couple years ago and languishing - not unlike those CDs! - in a box.  Basically I made 4 round ornaments and sandwiched them together, one with a little scissor pocket.  I attached a little button to one side and an elastic loop to the other to make a closure, and the "hinge" is just 2 bits of ribbon.  The pattern I was working from edged both pieces with beads, but I didn't have any matching beads, so I made twisted cord instead and just put it on the front.

Would I do this again?  I don't know.  It doesn't seem like the most practical little thing, and it was a bit fiddly to assemble.  But if I find another pile of unwanted marketing CDs lying around.....

1 comment:

Terri said...

I think it's a great idea and very nicely done! Pretty!!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...