Friday, August 26, 2016

August Smalls SAL

This month's small is from another find in the Celebrations' freebie pile - a design called "Rosebud Mirror" from the November/December 1992 issue of the Stoney Creek magazine.  It is shown in a small Sudberry House mirror, but I decided to stitch it over-one and put it in a pocket watch instead.
I actually laced this to a padded bit of matboard, so there wasn't enough space in the watch case for any beads or other bling.  Instead I attached a ribbon rose to the top, a pink ribbon for hanging (or wearing!) and called it good.

In other news, I spent a portion of my summer inventorying my pattern and floss stash, and am now feeling rather embarrassed at the size of it all.  (I had to recreate my inventory because I got a new computer, and my old inventory was on software so old that Windows 10 didn't know what to do with it.  Gulp.  I used Google docs for the new one, so hopefully it will be functional for longer!) Gotta stitch faster.

5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks really pretty, would love to see a closer pic.

Von said...

I know what you mean, Erin! I have way too much stash for the velocity my needles attain! "Gotta stitch faster" indeed!

Anna van Schurman said...

I like the finishing on this. I need to make a new database of patterns. I hadn't thought of using Google sheets. (I don't think of their programs often, but I should.) Thanks for reminding me!

Melinda Forbes said...

This is so pretty. A wonderful finish. I really do want to inventory my Stash. I just dread starting the project.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the pocket watch finish, a lovely idea.
I use the X-stitch app on my iPad for my stash, hopefully it will stay around for a while!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...