Sunday, July 17, 2016

Rescued

I was at my parents' place over the weekend, and my mother sent this back with me.
This cute little design was something I stitched over a decade ago - not sure anymore of the pattern name or designer.  But I do know that it was a chartpack that came with the little gnome button.  And that little gnome is the reason the piece came back to me....so, because he is rather "3-D," my mother decided to have it framed without glass years ago.  But the framer evidently used poor quality materials - that mat was originally dark green!  And you can see that the mat core has yellowed, indicating that it is NOT acid-free (the fabric was always yellow, so there doesn't seem to be any damage there yet).  :(  Now Mom wants me to check with the local frame shop and see if they can re-frame it, possibly in some sort of shadow box.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...