Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Stuck in my head

Finished this last night....promptly downloaded a certain song by Styx to add to my iPod playlist.  :)


This is the Hands On Design pattern that I linked to in yesterday's post, with several changes (mostly, I didn't have any of the flosses called for, so I improvised).  I think my favorite is the blue I used for the water - it is from the stash of old random threads my father found at an estate auction a few years ago.  Using up things that I have "inherited" like that always makes me feel that I am a part of something bigger, you know?  I can only hope that someday my remaining flosses, fabrics and doo-dads will be useful to someone else in some way.
Soon I will have this finish-finished into something...useful...as a gift.  More to come, after some gluing and Modge-Podging!!

2 comments:

cucki said...

beautiful x

Marie said...

Cute design and I agree, the floss used for the water is perfect! Nice find by your father. :-)

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...