Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Trying to do better!

I said in my last post that I do have some stitching to share, so in an attempt to follow through and post more frequently....
Just Nan's "Wings," started at Celebrations and worked on sporadically since.

From a book of alphabet patterns based on the illustrations of Joan Walsh Anglund (one of my favorite children's illustrators), the letter A.  I left off the bird on the top of the A (mostly because my piece of fabric was a bit small!), changed the girl's hair bow and dress to purple, and will add a name and birth date to make this into a small birth sampler for my niece.  I also need to make an ornament/birth keepsake for another niece, my sister's new daughter, since I made one for her sister a few years ago.

3 comments:

Thoeria said...

Beautiful stitching :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looking good....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wings is looking lovely and the A is a great birth celebration too.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...