Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Madame Muriel, Moving On

Hello friends.  Muriel here, and I am NOT HAPPY.  It would seem that my hostess has forgotten about me!  Evidently she went to a stitching retreat last weekend and did not take me.  Really!  What gall.  She drags me all around the state of Massachusetts with nary a piece of needlework in sight, and then leaves me at home while she spends a weekend stitching and shopping.  Hmph.
On that note, I believe I am ready to leave.  My things are mostly packed, I just need a destination.  So far I've sojourned in Pennsylvania, Indiana, New Zealand, England, Arizona, Italy, and of course my latest stop here in upstate New York.  (You can get more details about all of my travels here.)  Leave a comment on this post as to why I should visit you, and I will choose the most appealing location!

(Erin back now) I'm taking the keyboard away from Muriel briefly so I can show you
1) my finished Rosewood Manor piece.
The Emerson quote really DOES show better than the picture shows...silly flash.  :(

And 2) my Just Nan peacocks, now finished as a no-sew cube.
Muriel: Oh yes, I DID get her to do some finishing!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your finishes :)

Shirlee said...

I would love to have Muriel come visit. I have no friends or family here & get lonely sometimes so Muriel & I will have a fun time. She will be overwhelmed with needlework projects & will even come along on a few trips that my husband & I are planning to take this year. She also may help me move or stay put ... whatever happens : )

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finishes, well done!

Kathy A. said...

Oh poor Muriel! Come and visit me darling! I will shw you Canada in her beautiful spring weather. You want see stitching. I have a wonderful group of stitching friends who will adore you and show you lots of wonderful stitching. I will take you to my LNS to meet its wonderful owner. I do have a couple of stiching get togethers plannedand you will love them. So, Muriel pack those bags and get ready for Canada.

Heather said...

I'd love Muriel to come visit me! She hasn't been to Canada yet, and we'd love to have her. I live in Toronto, Canada's biggest city, so there is a lot to see. This summer we are planning on going to Lego convention, the Royal Ontario Museum, a fun fair at school, and moving to a new home. If she arrives fast enough, she might even be able to make it to my stitching nights in June.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely to catch up with Madame Muriel again. And three of my favourite people all vying to host her next!

Whoever she chooses I can guarantee a fun trip anyway.

Raven/Missy said...

She is welcome to come hang out in Florida with me. Though I would understand if Muriel is frightened of cats (we have 3).

Kaisievic said...

Hmm! I think that Muriel would love a trip Downunder - Australia is a beautiful country and she would just love Melbourne. I could take her to meet the lovely Wendy at my LNS and take her on walks with me around beautiful Eaglemont. Plus, of course my sewing room doubles as my guest room so she would have plenty of opportunity to be involved in some stitching and finishing!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...