Tuesday, July 02, 2013

On a roll

After finishing the chickens, I've been working on "The Ark"...with any luck I'll be able to finish when I get home from Job #2 tonight!  I meant to get "Labyrinth" out for DH, but it is so humid and sticky here, having all that fabric in my lap/hands just sounds gross.  I'll stick with the project that fits on my scroll rods for now.

In other news, I bought the the latest issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine, the one with the ornament preview.  I was less than impressed.  I think there were 1 or 2 that I *might* stitch, but nothing incredibly unique or interesting. (If you are curious, my picks are Casey Buonaugurio's "Red Penguin" and Elizabeth Talledo's "Santa's Sleigh Ride."  The two reindeer designs are runners-up.)  And I was REALLY unimpressed with the rest of the patterns in this issue - usually I can find something I like enough to put in my "maybe" pile, but not this time.  Too many flowers...a farm scene...religious verses...a patriotic teapot??  Blech.  Maybe I'm going through a phase...or maybe the designers are...but not much I'm seeing lately makes me care about stitching.


Zeb said...

Ever since this new outfit bought out JCS the magazine has gone down the gurgler :( I bought the 2000 to 2010 dvd and then will source the magazines I want up til the end of 2012, but that's it. No more spending money on JCS other than the Halloween and Christmas issues.

Kathy A. said...

I so agree. I won't be buying the neweest Halloween issue either. There was NOTHING that I liked. How very disappointing it was.
Good luck with the Ark.