Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Unabashed stash

I feel like my interview went VERY well...so well, in fact, that I decided to treat myself.  Hehe...

First, I saw Prairie Schooler's "Winter Samplers" on eBay with a Buy It Now option that was less than $20.  Now they are mine!
I'm especially partial to the first one on the left - I love the verse.  "...Earth stood hard as iron/water like a stone" makes me think of Game of Thrones

And then, since there was money left in my PayPal account from selling a bunch of daughter's old clothes on eBay, I browsed the Nashville Market releases.  I ended up buying Elizabeth Designs' "Antique Celtic Sampler."
I also picked up the latest installment of the new series from Little House Needleworks (Hometown Holiday - Main Street Station).  My daughter absolutely LOVES trains right now, so I thought it would be cute to have stitched for this Christmas.  Of course, she might be into something else by then....oh well!  It will bring me fond memories of her insisting that we watch "The Polar Express" over and over and over over and over.  LOL
(Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that the train has no tracks?!?!?)

Finally, I couldn't resist Jeannette Douglas' Nashville release, the "By the Sea" Needlebook.
(pic from Stitching Bits and Bobs)
What can I say, I have a weakness for 1) water/sea-themed things, and 2) dainty accessories like this.  Of course, your guess is as good as mine as to when I'll actually get around to stitching it and doing the finishing!

As for stitching, yes, I HAVE done some.  I took Elizabeth Designs' "Celtic Knot" with me on my travels last week, and I have it almost finished.  I am swapping out the cross in the center, though - I have a couple do-dads to choose from, and can't quite decide.  I'll take a pic later!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous stash enhancement!
I love the LHN station too but I also thought "where's the platform and rails?" The train's cow-catcher should be below the level of the edge of the station!
Can you tell I grew up watching The Railway Children, commuted by train for 17 years then had a train-mad son?

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...