Monday, January 07, 2013

Kicking things off with a finish!

Woo-hoo!
Glorious Wings "Tiffany"
Just Nan
stitched with kit materials



 
She's just so sparkly....  I tried to catch some of the sparkle and beads in the second picture, but I still wasn't too successful.  Hmph.  I did make one (small) omission -- I left off her bead halo and the sprinkling of beads/butterfly charm over her head.  We're not really into angels, so this way she is a FAIRY.  LOL  And I don't have a charm for "Gypsy Rose," and since I want to display them as a set, this way they'll match a bit better.

I also got out the sewing machine on Sunday and put together a tiny coverlet to protect the top of my little stitching cabinet.  This was my first attempt at piecing, done back before the Wee One's quilt, using the charm pack I won from Anna.  I think Kathy will be familiar with the technique I attempted...a 9-patch assembled, cut apart, turned, and re-assembled.  But 1) I didn't "square up" anything as I went, and 2) I didn't measure - I just folded to find the half-way points.  So it is a bit wonky!  But (IMHO) lovable and cute.  I used a piece of blue floral fabric for the back, so it could be reversible if the mood strikes....

6 comments:

cucki said...

Very sweet stitching..and such a sweet cover..
Bug hugs x

Anna van Schurman said...

That came out great! You should show Alma: alma@blackbird-designs.com

Melody said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! And the coverlet looks great :)

Silverlotus said...

She is very beautiful! Well done!

And I love the tiny quilt. It looks great.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

She's a very pretty Fairy! Great finish.

Caitlin Jordan said...

Gorgeous stitching finish :D and I love your little cover.