Sunday, September 02, 2012

Busy busy busy

So to keep my mind off the stuff I don't need to buy, I've been stitching up a storm!!  I finished and mailed a small piece for the Autumn Exchange over at Hooked on Exchanging, and my Halloween piece is stitched as well and the finishing has begun.  AND I finished this for myself:
Lizzie Kate's Halloween Flip-It, #F17 (it is an older pattern, I'm sure she's published a zillion more Halloween-y smalls since then....).  I used a piece of hand-dyed linen labeled "muffin," and swapped a bunch of the flosses.  And almost as exciting as the finish itself -- I had EXACTLY enough of The Dye is Cast's "Swamp Water" light green over-dyed floss for the small gourd.  I knew I'd saved that last lonely length of floss for something...!!!  LOL  (Although it still killed me to throw away the empty skein card.  What is wrong with me?!?!?!?)

6 comments:

Bev said...

i think he is s cute, and its awful seeing all these things we want but dont need, i have also been banned form spending any money on carts hubby says from now on stitch your now, ah i want LK new xmas charts, i have married a skin flint :(

Gabi said...

What a lovely finish. :)

Kate said...

Lovely finish - I hang onto the smallest lengths of thread too, they do come in handy!

Chris said...

Great finish! Sweet design. I love fall designs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's such a cute design. I completely understand about the sadness of finishing the skein and abandoning the poor empty card :-(

Erin (moviemuse) said...

What a great little piece!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...