Thursday, September 08, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

Finally! Tropical Storm Lee seems to have left the area, although many streams and rivers are still quite swollen. Just an hour to the east of us there are mandatory evacuations and many road closures, states of emergency, and other problems. Enough already! New York State can't take much more...

In stitching news, I've been busy - so busy I haven't been taking pictures. I finished my modification of The Workbasket's "Pink Flower," am working on an ornament for the Words of Christmas exchange at HOE, and am thiiiiiis close to finishing "Mermaid Heart." Phew!

I've decided to join Measi's "WIPocalypse 2012," and possibly finish some of the things that have been languishing in my workbasket. My tentative list of projects so far:
1) "Dark Sorceress" - neglected since February 2011.
2) "Melville's Return" - haven't touched it since sometime in the spring.
3) "Mermaids of the Deep Blue" - eep, these poor girls. It has been YEARS since they were on a frame....
4) The "Me, Myself and I" Neighborhood RR. Untouched since my daughter was born.
5) Stoney Creek's "Fox Cubs" - I started this as a birth sampler for a friend's daughter. the little girl will be 3 in the spring.
6) "Mom's Tearoom" teatowel - was going to be a birthday gift for my mom in April...then a Mother's Day gift....now it *might* be a Christmas gift? Or it goes in the WIPocalypse pile.

Yikes, that seems like a lot!!! And of course, I'm already plotting for what I might start before the end of the year that could then be included in the WIPocalypse. Hehehehe. (an ornament/commemorative birth piece for my sister's baby....a wedding sampler or 2...."Letters from Nora - M" for my daughter's room, since she loves the princess - Butternut Road's "Once Upon a Time" - in our bedroom....)

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

Glad to hear you have made it through the assorted hurricanes/tropical storms safe and realatively sound!!!
I love the WIPocalypse too! I'm going to look too for what I can work on. Not that I have much stash ROFL

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...