Thursday, December 09, 2010

December SBQ

No pictures today, as I've been dealing with a bout of stitching ADD...you know, where you pull out something, put in a few stitches, then put it down and pick up something else, repeat ad infinitum? I've also been trying to thin my stash a bit, so I've listed a few eBay auctions. I finally weeded through the patterns that I KNOW I'll never stitch -- mostly things I was given by friends when their relatives passed away, and they knew I stitched so they gave me everything. Way too much Paula Vaughan and other stuff that is not my style at all. So 3 big lots of patterns went up on eBay, with a starting bid of 99 cents each. I think when it was all said and done, I "made" less than $3 (thanks to eBay & PayPal fees), but hey, at least the stuff isn't in my house anymore!

So I thought I'd take some time to answer Lee's December SBQ.
Tell us your best story about some holiday stitching.
I often have grand plans for holiday stitching -- ornaments for everyone, nifty handmade gifts ,etc. etc. -- and I usually fail miserably. I just don't stitch fast enough! LOL But in 2006 I really outdid myself. I stitched things for my mom, sister, SIL, and a family friend, plus I made a "quilt" (of sorts) for my sister and a scrapbook for my mom. I was so proud of myself, in fact, that I arranged all of my gifts and took a picture! Now that we have a child, I am looking forward to stitching an annual ornament for her....the beginning of a fun tradition for both of us (I envision letting her pick out the patterns herself in a few years). Her first ornament will be the Heartstrings Santa that I finished last winter.

1 comment:

Scully said...

I cleaned out a bit of my stash using ebay, as well. I had a few kits that sold surprisingly well, but you are right, most of it is a wash. I like to think that the things were put into better hands than just going to the Goodwill.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...