Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just Nan exchange - sent

Michelle emailed me to say that she received her exchange package, so now I can share this here! This is Just Nan's Christmas butterfly ornament, from (I think) the 2000 JCS ornie issue. I don't think it is necessarily "Christmas-y," though.... I stitched it on a little cut of 28-ct. Kiwi Illusions Kereru, using the DMC colors and Mill Hill beads called for in the pattern. I finished it using a 4-inch ornament form, and the fabric in the pic is what I used for the backing. The braid I made myself, too, using DMC and the corder I got at Celebrations. I must admit, this was hard to part with!!! I also sent Michelle a piece of Sugar Maple Fabric, some WDW floss, and the "Butterfly Lace" pattern (the one that I posted below, stitched and finished as a pinkeep).

This was fun to do, and I'm looking forward to doing more exchanges!

5 comments:

Zeb said...

Saw this on Michelle's blog and came over; added you to my rss reader cause I am enjoying your stitching and writing!

Lovely finish btw!

Cindy F. said...

Erin, this is so beautiful! Wow!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's beautiful, Erin; the finishing is great!

Sara said...

What a pretty ornament! I'd have a hard time parting with it too:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

It may not be Christmas-y but it sure is pretty! Nice job on the finishing as well!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...