Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birds and butterflies

Well, I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day weekend! DH and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day, and this year we don't have the finances to do much anyway, so we just enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home. I made 2 yummy casseroles, and got all the laundry off the bedroom floor....that is a miracle in itself!....and did a lot of stitching.

First, I started the freebie that Paulette posted on her Plum Street Sampler blog.I'm stitching this one over-one on a linen I found in my stash drawer labeled "25-ct. muffin." I don't know more about it than that! And I'm using some Needle Necessities over-dyed floss. I really wanted to stitch this up for DH for Valentine's (I know, I just said above that we don't really celebrate...but homemade gifts and thoughtful gestures are very different from Hallmark cards and over-priced roses!), but I'm just not that fast. I really like these quirky little birds, though!

Of course, if I could work on just ONE project, you might see more frequent finishes around here. But that just isn't my style!! So here is the latest progress on the Lilacs sampler, too. This one is going very quickly, at least. Although I've yet to tackle the bunches of lilacs made out of French knots....eek.

4 comments:

Christine S said...

Your projects look great, Erin! I really like the design from Plum Street Samplers as well...I'll have to get to it one day!

Brigitte said...

I love both your projects. Plum Street Samplers is a wonderful designer. French knots aren't my favourite stitches either but they look so lovely when finished.

CindyMae said...

Both pieces are just gorgeous!! My hubby and I done the exact same things this weekend, including getting the laundry off the floor! LOL

Cindy F. said...

Pretty progress on both Erin! I love your floss choice on the PS piece!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...